What is in the Corrosion Handbook?
The Corrosion Handbook is more than 40 pages document explaining the basic principles of corrosion measurements as well as some practical aspects. Polarization curves, Tafel plots and Evans Diagram will be discussed as well as Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) as well as Equivalent Circuit Fitting.
If you are just starting starting with electrochmistry or your have experience in electrochemistry but not in corrosion research, this handbook will provide some essential knowledge to you, which will enable you to perform first measurements and to dive deeper into corrosion literature, if necessary, equipped with the right terminology and a grasp of the principles.
The contents include among other topics:
- What Is a Potentiostat Good for?
- How Does a Potentiostat Work (in a nutshell)?
- Origins of electrochemical potentials
- Corrosion Potential
- Corrosion current
- Tafel Plot and Evans Diagram
- Polarization Curves
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
- Bode and Nyquist Plot
- Equivalent circuit fitting for corrosion measurements
- Constant Potential vs OCP or vs Reference Electrode
- Rapid Electrochemical Assessment of Paint